Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Site Dedicated to Dumping Internet Explorer



Gary's' gotta love this one. Here's a site that explains why it's smart to stop using IE and includes testimonials from happy switchers, as well as alternative browser choices. It was created by the The Web Standards Project a grassroots coalition fighting for standards that ensure simple, affordable access to web technologies for all.

The site must be getting a lot of hits, because it's been timing out most of the early morning.

1 comment:

SuperWes said...

Most of the problems associated with IE are a result of it being the most popular and widely used Internet Browser. They wouldn't have so many problems with security if they weren't such an important target for hackers. Why would someone try to hack Opera's security when the userbase is so much smaller?

Internet Explorer's popularity does yield some benefits though. I tried installing Firefox at home and found out that it doesn't support my middle mouse button. This is probably because the drivers were created for the greatest common denominator. In this case, Microsoft. So I switched back to IE at home.

-Wes

PS- If you can think of something that might get my Mouse button to work, let me know. I miss tabbed browsing. I have this mouse.